Thursday 6 June 2013

Keep Calm! Cross Stitch Chart

One of my crafting friends had her birthday last week and I wanted to make her a small gift.  I was at a bit of a loss what to make until she mentioned that she had cross-stitched the keep calm sign for a couple of her friends.  So I designed and printed out a cross stitch design, but 2 days before her birthday, when I’d still not started it, I realised wouldn’t have time to cross stitch it. So I cheated, traced it onto a piece of red cotton and embroidered faster than I’d ever embroidered before.

DSCF0650

I then turned it into a small tote bag which I lined with red gingham

DSCF0650

If anyone would like to succeed where I failed & wants to cross stitch my design, here is a copy of my pattern which is free for personal use. 

DitzyandDottyKeepCalm

Enjoy

Sally

xxx