Thursday 24 January 2013

Crafty Creatives January Box

Whoo hooo – Finally I’ve found a bit of time to do some crafting.

Here are some things I’ve been making using the goodies from the latest Crafty Creatives box.  The box had a woodland theme, and was full of lovely foresty things.

The first thing I used were the beads, 2 foxes and 3 toadstools. 

CCboxBeads

I made a bracelet by joining some silver coloured rings with some jump rings and then added a clasp.  I then looped the bottom of some headpins so they didn’t slip through the holes and attached them to the bracelet.
I already had an owl bead, so I attached that to a necklace to make a set.

The kit this time was needle felting leaves.  I’ve done a little needle felting before and never really been able to make anything of note, but I attempted a leaf:

CCboxNeedleLeaf
Again not a great job, but there is something quite therapeutic about sitting stabbing a needle through the wool!


My favourite thing in the box was the owl fabric.  It’s my daughter’s birthday on Tuesday and I’ve used it to make her a present

owllunchbagfront

She’s been asking for a new lunch bag for a while, so when she fell in love with this fabric, I thought it would be a nice present to make her. 

owllunchbagBack

The lunch bag is made using my Yum Yum lunch bag pattern (click here to go to my Etsy shop)


Finally I’ve added a heavy bronze chain to the owl pendant that was in the box, to make a lovely statement piece of jewellery.

owlpendant

There is plenty more in the box that I haven’t yet used.  I’m sure I’ll share more over the next couple of weeks.

Hooray for a long-awaited crafty day

Sally

xxx