Saturday 22 December 2012

Crazy Patchwork WIP

Our sofa is looking a bit worse for wear at the moment, and in the interests of saving money I decided to update it with a throw.  I’m determined not to spend any money on this throw, so I took the giant box of scraps that usually lives under my work desk

scrapQuilt
and began to take out the scraps and iron them flat.  Once I had a big pile I started to sew them together.

scrapQuilt2
This is as far as I’ve got so far.  A completely crazy mix of fabrics and shapes.  This type of patchwork suits me better than the usual way of cutting regular shapes, as I love the complete freedom to just grab a couple of odd pieces of fabric and sew them together.
I’ve got a long way to go yet, but once its finished and thrown on the sofa, I’ll post another photo.
Sally
xxx