Tuesday 27 November 2012

Xmas Button Badges

As promised – no crochet today!  Instead I thought I’d show you the badges that I’ve made for my daughters school fundraising event.

We were asked to provide small items that could fit into Christmas crackers, which will then be used to make some money on a stall at this weekends big village Christmas celebration.

badgexmas1

I used some lovely red spotty fabric and added felt shapes & a little free motion embroidery.  I then covered some self covered buttons and used a hot glue gun to stick some badge backs onto the reverse.

badgexmas2

I used 29mm buttons as they were the ones I had in my craft stash, but I’m not sure I’d like to use any smaller ones as these were fiddly enough to cut out the shapes for.  You could also swap the badge backs for magnets.  They’re pretty quick and easy to make, and as an added bonus got rid of lots of the tiny bits of felt I kept “just in case!”

Sally
xxx