Monday 12 September 2011

Crochet string bag from T-shirt

I’ve had a few old t-shirts hanging around for a while and I didn’t know what to do with them.  They were too faded and stretched out to go to the charity shop, but as they’re fabric, I just couldn’t part with them.  But then I discovered that you could cut them up to make a ball of yarn & there was no stopping me:

DSCF8755

I just made up the pattern as I went along & I now have a lovely string bag, made in just one evening, that looks just like an ice-cream.  I would love to say I’d planned it to come out like this, just so I could look clever, but honesty forces me to say it was completely unplanned and random.

If anyone is interested in the pattern and method, leave me a comment & I’ll try to do a tutorial on here.

Sally

xxx