Friday 22 July 2011

Bird Blocks

Last week I bought a couple of patterns from the shop Precious Patterns on Etsy.  I fell in love with their cute bird blocks pdf pattern, and here are the two I’ve made so far:

DSCF1072

I think they’re lovely and so easy to make, I knocked them up in probably less than an hour in total (split over several sewing sessions – it is the school holidays after all!)  They’re stitched together so they are suitable for babies too, but I don’t think that the are going to be given to any babies – they’re going to sit on my shelves & watch over my sewing space.

DSCF1073

Here is a close up of Mrs Bird – I don’t unfortunately have a close up of Mr Bird as he must’ve moved when I was taking his portrait as the photo was blurry (nothing to do with my photography skills!)

The pattern includes several other bird patterns, such as penguin, flamingo, cockatoo, owl, parrot & chick.  I think they’re so gorgeous that  I’m going to be working my way through each of them by the end of the summer.

Hope everyone is surviving the school holidays so far.

Sally

xxx