Tuesday 5 July 2011

Big Beach Bag & Pattern soon to be available

Yippee, I finally got my sewing machine out today!  It’s been so long I’d almost forgotten what it looked like.

Today I decided to make a beach bag as I’d been asked for one at the Tisbury market a couple of weeks ago, and hadn’t actually got round to making it.  I had some lovely charity shop red stripy fabric and some cream calico & here is the finished bag.BeachBag Beachbag2Beachbag3

The pattern for it is in the first testing phase right now (well my friend has a copy & some fabric and has promised to make one for me!)  Once she has tried it out & I’ve had another couple of people test it, it will be available as either an e-pattern or a paper pattern in my shop.

The pattern is quite quick and easy to make, it only took me an hour today to put this one together.  They’re great for holidays too as you can screw them up in your luggage, and then when you get home you can throw them in the washing machine (depending on your choice of fabric).

Hope you like it as much as I do.

Sally

xxx