Friday 10 June 2011

To charge or not to charge? Advice wanted!

 

As more people are getting to know I do “sewing”, I’ve had a few people ask me to do little bits of work for them.  Small things like let down hems in curtains, put new zips in things and take up jeans, you know what I mean, small, simple jobs that don’t cost me anything but time.

So far I’ve refused to charge for them, as each of the people are related to friends of mine, and I know them all personally.  However by not charging, they have all felt that they have to buy me something and have all bought me a box of chocolates to say thank you.  (Do you think they know me well???)  While choccies are delicious and very much appreciated, my dilemma is – Should I start to charge or not?  And if so, what price should I put on time?

What would you do?

Sally

xxx