Monday 11 October 2010

Little Purses

At the market last week I had a request for small change/make up purses.  I had a selection of handbag pouches out and the lady in question wanted one about half the size of those.  This is what I've come up with.


They're each about 5" x 3" in size, and just made with scraps of fabric I had left over from varying other projects.  Each of them are lined, some with white cotton and others with a complimentary fabric.  I've also added a small piece of ribbon to each zip pull, just to smarten the zips up.  

(Did you know you can stop a ribbon fraying by holding the ends near to, but not touching, the flame on a candle.  I just love watching the ends melt - its strangely pleasing!)

 The best thing is that these purses only take about 15 minutes to make.  I love cheap and simple crafting.