Thursday 7 October 2010

Harvest festival ... and more monsters

I've had a lovely day today.  When I got up the sun was shining, we walked to school and even though it was pretty chilly, the view once you get up the hill to school was breathtaking.  One day I'm going to have to take my camera and get a photo of it.  Then it was back down the hill to the church for the primary school's harvest festival, which again was absolutely lovely.  The children sang up well and read their poems so nicely that it made me feel really uplifted.

So what did I do this afternoon - I made monsters.  10 of them to be precise.
I didn't actually manage to finish any of them, but I cut all the fabric, and the monsters out, and sewed parts of the monsters to the front of the bags.  I haven't yet managed to outline them all, but that part comes tomorrow.
Here is a closer photo:
and another one:
I also cut the fabric for the insides of the bag, plus the handles in varying colours.
They are really colourful and cheerful, and I can't wait to finish making them tomorrow.