Wednesday 29 September 2010

Halloween Bags and Padded Fabric Christmas Trees

I have been busy with my crafting today - probably because my son is still off school today (they won't let them back until 24 hours after the bug has gone) and he has spent most of the day watching the Disney channel on TV - a good reason to vacate the living room!


I made 2 more Halloween bags which unfortunately will be the last I've exhausted my stash of orange cobweb fabric.  I think I'll see how they sell at the market this weekend and then next year I'll know to order more fabric.  I bought this fabric from Fabricworm who are based in the US.

You may also be able to see the padded christmas trees I've been trying to make.  I haven't been able to find a pattern anywhere for what I wanted, so have been playing about with scrap fabric and shapes.  Strangely enough the first one I made was the brown one (out of an old pillowcase) and it seems to have come out a better shape than the red one that I made afterwards.  I'm still not happy with the overall effect, but rest assured that when I get the pattern working I'll put it on here so you can all have fun making 3D padded christmas trees.