Tuesday 21 September 2010

Carnival Costumes update

Today I made the wings for my own carnival costume. 

Guess what I'm going as! 

Other than this all I need for the butterfly body is dark clothing and as I'm participating in the night-time carnival, I plan on wearing my daughters flashing pink headband that we bought in Florida.  The fact that it has micky mouse shaped flashing heads is besides the point!!!

I made the wings in the same way as the fairy wings (check out my earlier entries), but covered them with a lightweight red silky fabric and added decorations and sequins with fabric glue. 

Today we also went and collected the cardboard unicorn that my very talented friend Sam has made for my daughter to ride.  Hopefully I'll be able to convince her to do a tutorial for it and add it here.  Watch this space.